Last week I wrote about how we are the barrier that separates us from happiness, and I recommended to move out of the way. Someone must think, it is easy for you to say it; but, how do I move out of the way?, especially if you’re one of those people who feels stuck and doesn’t even know what to do . Believe me I have been in the same situation, but over time I have learned some important things that have helped me to stop being the obstacle in my life and to be happy. I hope that this will help you and will be a blessing in your life.
1. Accept that you can’t do it alone; certainly, the choices we make in life are ours and we must take responsibility for our actions, but we can’t do it alone, we need the people who love us at our side. It does not matter how lonely you feel there is always someone who is willing to help you and be by your side.
2. Ask for help; always, the first one to ask for help is God, remember the beautiful psalm that says ” I will lift up my eyes to the hills—From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.” He is slow to anger, and abundant in loving-kindness, no matter what your current situation is, He is always there to help you, the only thing you have to do is ask Him for help.
3. Make short, medium and long-term goals; this is very important, ones does not need to have a degree in business administration to know that we need to set goals. Write your ideas and what you need to do in order to improve your life. For example if you want to lose weight , remember that you didn’t gain 20 lb in a day, instead gain some perspective and think how long it took for you to gain that weight so it will take some time to lose it as well, then allow yourself that much time to work at that goal. Do the same if you need to quit smoking or in any change you want to make. Remember, planning and implementation takes time, but is key to succeed in life. Don’t forget that the world wasn’t made in one day.
4. Think positive; my grandmother used to said, “an unoccupied mind is the devil’s workshop” And she wasn’t lying. We are the product of what we think, so you have to start throwing away and repudiate those bad thoughts. Because you are worth so much, actually you are an invaluable creation of God, Princes and Princesses heirs of His Kingdom. Hence, you need to conduct yourself accordingly.
5. Run away from bad company; you have enough already with all your problems and you do not need more stress in your life. Therefore, you don’t need people who don’t help you at all, that have negative thoughts, people who love to gossip, you really want to run away from bad company. Instead, surround yourself with positive people, people who love you and that make you feel good. So, forget about the haters.
6. Keep moving without fear; Please meditate on this beautiful promise, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 KJV
7. Review your goals from time to time; it is important that from time to time you sit down to review your short, medium and long-term goals.
8. Re – evaluate, modify and move forward; If you see that you are not making progress or something is not working modify your plans , and move forward the important thing is to keep moving.
9. There is nothing that fasting and prayer can’t overcome; I have no doubt, prayer and fasting not only benefit us physically but also emotionally and bring us closer to God.
10. Last but not least; don’t forget that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.